Atlas Polar has an Opening for a Full-Time Mechanical Engineer.
Atlas Polar is a long-established company with an excellent industry reputation. You will be joining a team that works together continuing to keep the company successful in the marketplace. We look forward to resumes from all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Certificate of Associate’s degree in Mechanical Design.
- Over 2 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical design and manufacturing process.
- Design experience with hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Inventor software.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Familiarity with the relevant Ontario standards such as: sections of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and ASTM.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Innovative thinker and proven problem-solving skills.
- An eye for detail and a methodical work process.
Key Job Responsibilities and Tasks
- Design of Hydro Rake Cleaner, Hydrobrush Screen Cleaner and Stop Log Lifter installations for various projects for the hydroelectric industry as per customer specifications.
- Prepare detailed drawings in accordance with established drafting standards.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications and requirements.
- Communicate with Project Coordinator and Production Staff to solve technical issues related to design, fabrication and/or installation of equipment.
- Work within the project team environment from conceptual and preliminary stages through to completion.
- Liaise with Sales Staff to ensure proper interpretation of project specifications.
- Work with the design team and other staff to ensure controls of cost and schedule budgets.
This is a full- time position with benefits, including a company pension plan.
Atlas Polar Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Mechanical Engineer” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.