HIAB has a long tradition of developing cranes to suit specific applications. Their XS line of truck–mounted cranes are used in construction, road building, and recycling and waste hauling. The same great technology has been reconfigured for marine use, giving you the option of transferring a proven performer on land to an aquatic environment.
Key Features for Marine Applications
Converting a land crane to marine use requires some changes to the crane. Select HIAB XS cranes have been reconfigured to allow their use in marine environments. Key features include:
- Pivot pins – crane shafts are designed to prevent corrosion with nickel or hard chrome plating or nitrocarburation.
- Internal hoses – hoses are routed inside the loader body to protect them and reduce maintenance costs.
- Hexagonal booms – this shape ensures perfect balance and large slide pads reduce friction to keep maintenance costs in check.
- Crane base – the robust rack and pinion slewing system – with oil–bath lubrication – ensures high slewing torque and minimum maintenance.
- Fittings and hardware – iron/zinc plated to resist corrosion; bolts are zinc/aluminum chrome plated; hose and pipe ends are plated and North American Standard JIC.
- Control valve – the HIAB V80 control valve has rubber boots on the spool ends to prevent corrosion; connections with plated JIC fittings.
- All steel components undergo a six–stage painting process that includes degreasing, phosphate treatment, immersion dip painting, powder coating and hardening in a convection oven.
Optional features include: various capacity planetary winch kits; electric, gas or diesel self–contained powerpacks; pedestals for the crane and control valve; marine version cable or radio remote control systems.
A Wide Selection of Models
HIAB XS cranes come in various capacities that suit a wide range of marine applications. Here are a few examples:
- XS 077 – A medium range crane in the 7 tonne meter class with up to four boom extensions and a maximum outreach of 11.6m.
- XS 144 – Another medium range crane with lifting capacity between 11 and 14 tm and a maximum reach of 15.1m.
- XS 211 – A powerful crane with lifting capacity between 19 and 21 tm, and a maximum outreach of 16.6m.
- XS 244 – A powerful crane rated at 22 tonne meters, with a maximum outreach of 17.2m.
- XS 288 – A heavy range crane in the 25 to 40 tonne meter class. Its maximum outreach is 20.8m
- XS 322 – Another powerful performer in the heavy range, this crane has a lifting capacity between 27 and 32tm, and a maximum outreach of 21 m.
Contact Atlas Polar to learn more about using the versatile and dependable XS line of cranes for marine applications.